Customer service is the backbone of a successful business.
Given that customer service is so important, avoid the most common customer service mistakes.
- Over-automation: Just because it can be automated does not mean it should be, and it also does not mean the automation will automatically translate into cost savings.
- Failing to listen: Assuming you know what the customer wants, instead of listening to the customer, is a big mistake.
- Being reactive instead of proactive: Don’t be satisfied with mediocre
products or services that will come with complaints or problems. Get it right the first time by providing exceptional products or services.
- Undervaluing customer service staff: Reward your customer service staff for providing great service.
- Not giving customers what they want: Customers want accurate
answers or quick, efficient and respectful solutions, even if the answer or solution is not ideal.
What do you think?